Qatar / Britain
The tiny Gulf state has snapped up a range of famous British assets, which include:
1. Harrods, the upmarket department store former owned by Mohamed al-Fayed.
2. The Shard, soon-to-be Europe’s tallest building.
3. No 1 Hyde Park, the world’s most expensive block of flats.
4. The London Stock Exchange, which they own a 20 per cent stake.
5. Camden Market, which they own a 20 per cent stake.
6. The Olympic Village, once the games are over.
7. Sainsbury’s and Barclays banks – major investors.
8. Liquefield Natural Gas, Britain’s biggest supplier.
How Qatar bought Britain: They own the Shard. They own the Olympic Village. And they don’t care if their Lamborghinis get clamped when they shop at Harrods (which is theirs, too)
Read More HERE
Leave a Comment
Be the first to comment!